Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 5 January 2012

Frampton lost guitar found

Frampton lost guitar found - Peter Frampton's lost guitar returned after missing over 30 years

A 1954 Les Paul guitar belonging to singer Peter Frampton that was believed to have been lost in a plane crash over the Caribbean more than 30 years ago has been found and returned to the singer. peter frampton guitar, Peter believed the beloved guitar he played on his 'Frampton Comes Alive' album was lost when a cargo plane crashed in Panama in 1980.


MSN reported that two Frampton fans searched for the guitar on the Dutch island of Curacoa, confirmed the guitars authenticity and returned the guitar to Frampton in Nashville last month. peter frampton guitar,

"I'm still in a state of shock,first off,that the guitar even exists, let alone that it has been returned to me.I know I have my guitar back,but I will never forget the lives that were lost in this crash. I am so thankful for the effort of these who made it possible. Now that its back,I am going to insure it for $2 million and it's never going to be out of my sight again! It was my number one guitar, and it will be reinstated there as soon as possible. Some minor repairs are needed," stated Frampton.

Gibson guitar experts have confirmed the 1954 Les Paul guitar is the same guitar that Frampton thought was lost in 1980. Frampton Comes Alive,

Josh D of Cincinnati said "That is really awesome. I wonder how long these guys hunted for the guitar before they actually found it? I will be looking forward to hearing Peter playing the guitar very soon."


Source: examiner